I have discovered that you don’t have to be interesting, a talker or the life-of the party to make friends easily. Its about listening, be honest and open.
Below are ten simple ways to make friends easily. Adhere to them and you’d be surprised at how easy it can be to form new connections and create friendships that can last for years with people you just met.
1. Talk less and allow the other party talk more
2. Create similarity
3. Use humour and learn to smile
4. Ask the other party about himself
5. Cut off bad or unhelpful topics
6. Be positive and give encouragement where necessary
7. Give compliments and do not boast.
8. Do not criticize or insult
9. Do not strongly disagree with the other party.
10. Do not go into controversial topics except you both share the same views