Seven Things To Know About AMCON New Chairman, Edward Adamu
President Muhammadu Buhari has just appointed Edward Lametek Adamu, deputy governor for corporate services at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), as the chairman of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).
This was contained in a letter sent to the senate by the president on Tuesday.
Things you should know about the new AMCON chairman:
1. Edward Adamu was born on 22 June 1959 in Kaltungo, Gombe State, in the northeastern part of Nigeria.
2. He studied at the Ahmadu Bello University, in Zaria, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
3. He is married and a father of four children (two boys and two girls)
4. Adamu was first employed at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in 1992.
5. In 2012, he was appointed Director of the Strategy Management Department at the central bank.
6. In 2016, Adamu was appointed Director of Human Resources at CBN
7. In 2018, 1st of February, Edward was nominated for the post of Deputy Governor of the Central Bank by President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria which he occupied till date.