CLOSE-UP: Meet Patience Ozokwor, Veteran Actress & Evangelist Who Turns 62 Today
Veteran Nollywood actress, Patience Ozokwor A.K.A Mama G turns 62 today.
Mama G has been perceived to be a 'wicked' person because of her role in movies but in reality, she has been described as a caring and loving person by close friends and associates.
READ ALSO: SPOTLIGHT: Meet Ladi Kwali, The Potter Behind N20 Note | YANS.NG
So who is Patience Ozokwo?
- Patience Ozokwor A.K.A Mama G, is a Nigerian musician, fashion designer, gospel singer, actress, and evangelist.
- She was born on 14 September 1958 in the village of Amaobo, Ngwo in present-day Enugu State, Nigeria.
- Mama G attended Abimbola Gibson Memorial School in Lagos and did her tertiary studies at the Institute of management and technology Enugu, where she obtained a degree in fine and applied arts.
- Mama G was already a star before acting and first made it into a radio drama where she took part in a soap opera by the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) titled Someone Cares And in 1999, she became a household name after featuring in the blockbuster movie, Living in Bondage.
- She was known to be a devious woman because of her roles in Nollywood but in reality, she is a kind-hearted soul.
- She was married at age 19 and has three biological children and five adopted ones who all bear her name. She lost her husband in the year 2000.
- She won the Best Supporting Actress 2012 & 2013 award at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards and was among 100 Nigerians honored by the government to celebrate the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorates in 2014.
- Aside from being an actress, Mama G is also known for her humanitarian work. She established a school where she trains young girls in the art of hairdressing and skin therapy.
- Her turning point came a few years ago when she played down full time acting and became an evangelist.
- Patience Ozokwor 's net worth is estimated at N350 million. She is ranked as the 19th richest actress in Nigeria