Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), are generally contacted when the bacteria, virus or parasite that cause sexually transmitted infections pass from person to person in blood, semen, vaginal or bodily fluids.
STD’s vary, although there are some that can be easily treated, others are really severe and can lead to death if left unattended.
To Know If you have STD’s, here are 5 signs:
1. Visible sores or bumps on the genitals, in the oral or rectal area are strong signs of an STI
2. An STD exists when you experience painful or burning urination and discharge from the penis
3. Unusual or odd-smelling vaginal discharge and unusual vaginal bleeding are indications of being infected
4. Swollen lymph nodes, particularly in the groin is most likely a sign
5. Lower abdominal pain especially pain during sex, point to an infection
If you are sexually active and notice the signs and symptoms of an STI, it is advisable to see a doctor immediately, for treatment.