How often have you felt too lazy to wash off your makeup before going to bed? If you often choose not to go through this nighttime ritual, you should know that leaving your makeup on overnight can bring more harm than you can imagine.
YANS.NG came up with this list of 8 reasons why you should always wash off your makeup. Always.
1. Preventing Acne: If you think this problem occurs only in teenagers, you couldn’t be more wrong. In fact, acne can make a comeback if you don’t wash your face. Clogged pores usually lead to pimples and inflammation. For oily skin, use special non-oily and easy-to-remove makeup and a micellar water to wash it off.
2. Delays Aging Process: it’s not a myth. It’s been scientifically proven that every night your skin regenerates itself. If it’s not clean, it will age more quickly. You won’t be able to avoid flaccidity, and premature wrinkles will appear sooner than you can imagine. A couple of minutes spent on this nighttime routine will help you stay young and beautiful. It’s so worth it!
3. Nourishing Your Face: Skin cells regenerate faster at night, so help your skin with this process: remove makeup, and then apply an astringent and moisturizer with antioxidants. There’s nothing better than going to bed with a clean, refreshed face. Remember that using high-quality makeup is vital for your skin to be healthy. Poor- quality makeup can damage your skin and lead to serious problems.
4. Fighting Allergies: Your skin may be prone to allergic reactions, even if you’ve never noticed any visible symptoms. Sleeping in your makeup can cause eczema and other serious health problems. The symptoms don’t appear immediately, but if you don’t remove your makeup before sleep, you’ll soon notice redness, burning, and itching.
Read more: Five Natural Cleansing Food
5. Avoiding Skin Pigmentation: Ever noticed those dark spots on the face that some women can’t cover up even with the best base available? The appearance of such spots isn’t always related to frequent sun exposure or the aging process.
They can be the consequences of chronic allergic reactions if you don’t clean your skin properly. Wearing your makeup overnight can actually cause some serious pigmentation disorders.
6. Keeping Your Lips Hydrated: Ever thought that by the time you go to bed there is no lipstick left on your lips, you’re wrong. Even if you don’t see it, lip gloss and lipstick continue to dehydrate the delicate skin and eventually lead to dry and chapped lips.
7. Preventing bags under your eyes: If you often leave your makeup on, the skin under your eyes will soon become darker. In other words, dark puffy circles and bags under the eyes are on their way. It’s easy to tell if you did or did not wash off your makeup the night before: your eyes and the area around them won’t look healthy and fresh.
8. Preventing Your Eyelashes From Falling Out: Never leave your mascara on when you go to bed. It dries overnight and causes your lashes to fall out. Your eyelids become irritated and swollen.
We recommend that you use a non-waterproof mascara that is easy to wash off. Always remove mascara with a cotton pad using gentle downward swipes. Never use circular motions as they can break your eyelashes and make them fall out.
This block contains unexpected or invalid content.ResolveConvert to HTML