Eight Health Benefits Of Papaya
Papayas grow in tropical climates and are also known as pawpaw. Their sweet taste, vibrant color, and the wide variety of health benefits they provide make them a popular fruit. Although some eat it for the sake of its sweetness and not because they know its benefits. This post serves as a reminder to know that know its health benefits and for those who have no idea of what it does at all.
Here are some of its health benefits
Read Also: Eight Health Benefits Of Mango
- Decreases the risk of and progression of age-related macular degeneration. It is plays a protective role in eye health, and ward off macular degeneration.
- Asthma prevention. The risk of developing asthma is lower in people who consume a high amount of certain nutrients.
- Papayas reduce cancer risk as it is an antioxidant. Among younger men, diets rich in beta-carotene may play a protective role against prostate cancer.
- It improves the health of the bones and may reduce urinary excretion of calcium, meaning there is more calcium in the body to strengthen and rebuild bones.
- Papaya is high in fiber and water content, both of which help to prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It is beneficial for promoting wound healing and preventing infection of burnt areas in the skin. It is also used to treat decubitus ulcers( bedsores)
- It is a good source of maintaining a healthy hair as it keeps it moisturized and leaves your hair happy with you